Ascott House dates from the 16th century and was donated to the National Trust in 1949 by Anthony de Rothschild, together with the Ascott Collection.
It remains the countryside residence of the de Rothschild family.
Ascott House and Gardens are open to National Trust members and the public during the spring and summer months.
Please see their website for details: www.ascottestate.co.uk
The gardens are a mixture of formal and informal, with fountains, sculptures and colourful bedding plants bounded by architectural hedging. In the spring there is a brilliant display of daffodils.
There is also a tea-room, open to the public, at the back of the Cricket Pavilion.
Cricket has been played at Ascott House since 1880. Wing with Wingrave 1st XI are a local club who play in Division 4 of the Four Counties Cricket League. Their games are played on Saturday afternoons. Touring teams also play at Ascott on Sunday afternoons. Spectators are welcome.
The fixture list is available at: www.ascottestate.co.uk/fixture-schedule.
The Coronation Cup is a midweek competition for local village clubs, with both the semi-finals and the final staged at Ascott Park Cricket Ground.